The health and safety of our students is of the upmost importance and a major priority here at Valley View ISD. While our area is currently at low risk for the spread of the Coronavirus, we are taking extra precautions to minimize any possibilities of exposing students to this virus. As previously noted to students, staff, and parents, the district is implementing the following guidelines recommended by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Valley View ISD has done the following:
- Provided campuses with hand sanitizer stations, Clorox wipes, and Kleenex boxes
- Disinfecting campuses and buses daily
- Modeled for students how to wash their hands for 20 seconds before and after meals
- Reminded students and staff not to touch their mouth, nose, or eye with their hands
- All maintenance and duty staff must wear plastic gloves
- Avoiding huge gatherings during or after school
- Avoid the shaking of hands
- Training staff on the use of online platforms for student learning
- Encouraging students and staff who are sick to stay at home
As an additional precautionary measure, we will cancel trips outside of the classroom even within the district. The Multilingual Tiger Fest scheduled to take place on Friday March 13, 2020 at Valley View High School has been postponed until further notice. We look forward to holding this event here at Valley View ISD and anticipate a date in the near future when we can reschedule this very meaningful event.
Again, while there are no reported cases of the Coronavirus in the Valley, we will keep you up to date and notify you of any proposed school closing if it is deemed necessary. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have any questions or concerns.
Superintendent of Schools