|| MEMBER E-MAIL
District elections are held every even-numbered years following the expiration date of a member's four-year term. Filing deadline is the last week in August (usually a Monday @ 5pm) prior to November -Election Day on the even-numbered year.
Contact Information: Valley View ISD Data Management Dept. 9701 S. Jackson Rd. Pharr, TX 78577 (956)340-1020 or email PEIMS@vviewisd.net.
Location to File Application Form: Valley View ISD Data Management Dept. 9701 S. Jackson Rd. Pharr, TX 78577 (956)340-1020. (Open 8am to 5pm)
Application Form for Place on Ballot: 2-21 Application For A Place on the General Election APPLICATION FOR BOARD
School Board Trustee Requirements (Education Code, Chapter 11);
- Residence -- 1 year in state and 6 months in school district prior to filing deadline (Texas Elec. Code, Section 141.001(a); Brown v. Patterson, 609 SW 2nd 287)
- Age -- 18 years
- Must be a registered voter in territory elected from by the filing deadline* per amendment in House Bill 484.
- In addition to the general felony rule at Election Code Sec. 141.001 (finally convicted), the candidate must not be convicted (finally convicted or otherwise) of specific crimes in Texas Edu Code in to serve. Sec. 11.066. If candidate is a felon, candidate must provide documentation of pardoned or released of the felon.
- Application must be completely filled out and signed/notarized.
RECEIPT/ACCEPTANCE OF SCHOOL BOARD APPLICATION
The entity has the opportunity to review, accept, and or reject the application within 5 days of receipt due to its completeness and to ensure voter is registered in its jurisdiction. Election Code Sec. 141.032
RESULTS FOR GENERAL ELECTION NOVEMBER 2022
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON VOTING IS INDICATED BELOW;
VALLEY VIEW ISD - REGISTERED VOTERS BY PRECINCT - As of June 1, 2020
- PRECINCT 008 = 0 (small area in south McAllen -STC Nursing Ctr)
- PRECINCT 20= 673 (south 10th & Villa Garza Flores Area)
- PRECINCT 228= 4,109 (Valle Alto- Hidalgo)
- PRECINCT 122= 2,075 (Las Milpas Pharr)
These are the 7 forms of acceptable photo ID:
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas license to carry a handgun issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport
Further, voters who do not possess one of the forms of acceptable photo ID, and cannot reasonably obtain one, may present a supporting form of identification of the voter and execute a Reasonable Impediment Declaration (in English (PDF) or Spanish (PDF)), noting the voter’s reasonable impediment to obtaining an acceptable form of photo identification, stating that the voter is the same person who personally appeared at the polling place, and stating that the voter is casting a ballot while voting in-person.
These are the 7 forms of supporting ID:
- Valid voter registration certificate
- Certified birth certificate (must be an original)
- Copy of or original current utility bill
- Copy of or original bank statement
- Copy of or original government check
- Copy of or original paycheck
- Copy of or original government document with the voter’s name and an address (original required if it contains a photograph)