The Valley View Independent School District Title I, Part A Program will build school and family capacities to ensure effective involvement of families and to support a partnership to improve student academic achievement in the following areas:
- Provide opportunities to inform families of academic content standards and student achievement standards established by the State and district
- Provide opportunities to inform families of the process for working with educators to monitor student progress.
- Provide opportunities for training and materials to help families work with their children through collaboration of district/campus staff.
- Provide professional development for campus staff regarding how to reach out to, communicate with, and work with families as equal partners; the value and contributions of families; and how to implement and coordinate family programs and build ties between families and schools, by offering campus-specific sessions.
- Provide all Title I communication to families in a user and language-friendly format to ensure that information related to the educational system is clear and uniform.
- Provide necessary coordination, technical assistance, and other support to schools in planning and implementing effective family involvement activities.
- Improve student achievement and school performance by conducting monthly staff development sessions during the school year.
Doughnuts for Dad and Muffins for Mom
District Parent Meetings