Dear Valley View ISD Community,
As the school year comes to a close and in light of the recent tragedy in Uvalde, TX, we are increasing our safety and security measures at all campuses. Please know that our schools are safe and we have not received threats of any kind. The District is simply taking proactive measures to ensure the safety of our students and staff. The following safety measures are being followed:
- Police officers from Hidalgo PD and Pharr PD are patrolling all campuses throughout the day.
- Security guards are assigned to all campuses.
- Administrative staff from the central office are assigned to campuses to assist with supervision.
- The secured front entry door system is being utilized to screen all visitors on campus.
- All students and visitors must clear the metal detectors prior to entering the building.
- 24-hour camera surveillance at all campuses
- No backpacks will be allowed on any Valley View ISD campus on Friday.
We will continue to be vigilant and will work with law e
nforcement to address any suspicious activity; however, I reiterate that our schools have not received any threats or experienced any suspicious activity. We will keep you informed of any changes. Thank you for your support and cooperation.
Message from Valley View ISD_5-26-22 (English and Spanish)